Tuesday, March 19, 2013

I'm back, staying in contact

OK, I'm back.  Skiing was great, ready to go again with the kids next week.

Most of the people we've told that we're going on a sailing trip asked, "Can we track you?"  On our last circumnavigation, we updated a website when we could.  It turns out that was few and far between.  It was costly, time consuming and difficult.  This time around, the Blue Planet Odyssey will have trackers in all the boats.  I've looked into a few and here's the list I've narrowed it down to:

1) DeLorme - inReach
2) Briartek - Cerberus Cyberlink
3) Spot - SPOT Connect
4) Iridium - Extreme 9575 or 9555

I'm still putting together yet another spreadsheet on costs, coverage, installation issues etc.  I'll post a link as soon as I'm done.

Boat search is going well, waiting for more information on a few select yachts.  Zetty is working hard on the home schooling and we've started to experiment on menu's in the pressure cooker that the kids will eat!

Cheer's,
LJ

No comments:

Post a Comment